Leader Board Ad

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Butter! The "Other" White Frosting

I wouldn't exactly say that I "love" butter, however, I have been known to refer to it as frosting. There is still so much I don't know about the chemistry of cooking and for a while I was doing a lot of breakfast cooking with olive oil.  But then, there are "smoke points" and carcinogens and the smell of olive oil when the pan is too hot that has my family cranking open windows to exhaust the fumes.  So, now I am back to butter - it's simpler - like this ad from 1933. 
Swifts 1933 Brookfield Butter from Good Housekeeping
I was sort of hoping that there was some connection between my town of Brookfield and the brand name. All my research tells me no, but it also tells me that Swift is now part of a Brazilian company that is the largest meat producer/packager in the world with over 30 billion in annual sales....Moo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Found something unique? See something here you want to know more about? Start the discussion - I'll respond. Really!