Leader Board Ad

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Vintage Animation Uncovered - Robert Tinfo

I was searching for treasure at an Estate Sale in Danbury, CT and came across some old video tapes that were the reels of animation work of Robert Tinfo. Who was he and where did he work? When did he start and when did he end his career? By the clips I have found his work was prolific and popular, but I can't find anything about him. Watch the clips and you will see what I mean.
Muscular Dystrophy Ads
 
This was a generic channel ID, but no indication which Channel 5.
This piece for Gruman "Catware" is priceless.

A few more clips, demonstrations, and a commercial for Panther Lightbulbs



Who remembers the Grunt family of artists? anyone? A classic promo!


I was lucky to find this reel of Robert Tinfo's work. I am still amazed at his anonymity, and some day I hope to find the answer, though I fear I may not like it.

3 comments:

  1. Wow -- what an artist. My next favorite part of this stuff is those pack-a-day voice-over guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find your stories through Norwalk Patch and I just wanted to say I love that you not only intrigue us with your findings of items but you bring the human side of the items to us. I really enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Found something unique? See something here you want to know more about? Start the discussion - I'll respond. Really!