Leader Board Ad

Sunday, July 15, 2012

1972 Color Computer that isn't "PC"

Sorry if you feel "baited" into clicking on this post because of the title.  I enjoy finding things that are visually interesting to me, and whose titles are no longer exactly correct. The artist in me (as well as the concerned husband) picked this up at a tag sale in June. At the time my wife and I were trying to pick out a color for the kitchen and this was meant to be another way to look at color tints, shades, etc. 

The funny part is (there's always a funny part) that I went searching for this and found that the exact same computer is still sold by the company that owns the Grumbacher name. Max started the company in 1905 and it is still a US company and part of one of the biggest art supply manufacturers in the world.
It didn't really help my wife and I chose a color, but it was a fun distraction for a few minutes. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember playing with these things as a kid in the 80s at some home improvement store that's long since out of business. I don't remember the name of the store, but they actually had a little room where local "artists" could display their work. I say it as "artists" because it was all that weird "modern art" stuff that looked like something a 2 year old would do if they got into mommy's craft supplies.

    The store's a Salvation Army now and they removed the walls for the "art" gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Found something unique? See something here you want to know more about? Start the discussion - I'll respond. Really!