Leader Board Ad

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Guess The Gadget: One good turn...

Brass Wrench
Is it really a gadget if it has no moving parts? Or is it a doohickey, a whatzit, or possibly a thing-a-ma-bob? No matter, because even if you should guess, I can't tell you if you are right because...I have no idea what it is, where it came from or what it's used for. Do you?  Bear with me on the quality because I used a scanner to image it. The fuzzed out number are 4,6,8,10,12, No other markings.

Hint - it is a tool, and each spire is a different sized square. So what was it meant to tighten or adjust? Who made it and when?

1 comment:

  1. It is used by clockmakers & each individual "arm" is a different size, as the wind=up post set into the face of a clock can be many different sizes

    ReplyDelete

Found something unique? See something here you want to know more about? Start the discussion - I'll respond. Really!