Leader Board Ad

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's Scan-tastic


Well, I finally satisfied my need for a scanner. Even though an hour after the purchase I was trying to answer the age-old question: What did I buy this at Goodwill...with no power cord...and no software? Because it was there. Anyway, it won't be this post, but the following, as to another of my secrets for finding this stuff. In preparation for that here is a taste of what can be found and what must be scanned:





 A radio in every room!? Well, I can tell you that that's the kind of thing that's going to ruin America! A candle in every room wasn't enough for ya, huh?  Look at the possibilities! (click for a monster image)  There's even one in the bathroom!  See all the models RCA has to offer after the jump.





I'm guessing this pamphlet is from the 40's?  Maybe post-war?  My favorite is the "Foreign Correspondent"

You needed something stately to satisfy the man of the house.

There's 11 rather masculine models here, or maybe I am just over-analyzing. 


I did wonder why the women are mainly in backless, strapless gowns (see first image, too).

 It's not all just radios, there's a record player that plays those 10" and 12" records.


Madame finally does get to pamper herself with her own special radio in her private boudoir.


The back of the pamphlet puts it all in perspective, though with prices ranging from $10 to $50 I'm kinda lost. They all look the same down to the 3 common buttons (though a couple have 4) on every model.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Found something unique? See something here you want to know more about? Start the discussion - I'll respond. Really!